Nestled in the scenic ranchlands of Central Oregon, Horse Guard is a 2nd generation equine nutrition company operating on the principle that good nutrition is an essential part of horsemanship and horse health. Founder Del Johnson started Horse Guard in 1978 after his passion for horses lead him to pursue a Masters Degree in equine nutrition. Today, daughters Kelsey (PhD Equine Nutritionist – with research on selenium supplementation in horses ) and Ty (Marketing Director – Cal Poly graduate) are carrying on Horse Guard’s tradition of excellence in making products that are on the cutting edge of equine nutritional science.
We are proud of our many achievements in the field of Equine Nutrition, including:
- The introduction of the very first OTC equine selenium supplement
- The first complete supplement for hoof health
- The first weight gain product
- The first supplement with organic selenium.
- As horse owners and riders, we care deeply about the quality of our products, using only the highest-graded pharmaceutical ingredients in all our supplements. We continue to make customer service and horse health our highest priorities.
– It’s been said that a horse doesn’t care how much you know, but he definitely knows how much you care. Horse owners know the best way to show their horses they care is through excellent nutrition. Horse Guard Incorporated is a second generation equine nutrition company that has introduced an assortment of revolutionary supplements. Horse Guard, the very first over-the-counter equine organic selenium supplement. Super Weight Gain, the first ever product to increase weight, improve digestion, and include a complete vitamin and mineral package. Equine Hoof Guard, the groundbreaking supplement for hoof health. Trifecta, a four in one supplement, a vitamin mineral supplement, a hoof and hair supplement, a powerful joint supplement, and a digestive aid. All of the products are tested and proven over multiple decades by a team that knows horses inside and out. Del and Lori’s lifelong passion led them to establish Horse Guard in 1978 to compensate for vitamin and mineral deficiencies in equine diets. Del and Lori’s daughters, Ty Natalie and Kelsey, are now deeply involved in the business. Ty Natalie is the CEO of Horse Guard, with a focus on marketing. Dr. Kelsey Johnson Nonella has a PhD in equine nutrition and is considered the leading expert in equine supplemental selenium. Horse Guard is a family company on the cutting edge of equine nutritional science. Horse Guard products are the best investment you can make for your horse’s health and performance. There’s no better way to show your horse you care.